Jennifer G. Ahlbrandt
Jennifer is a civil litigation attorney, practicing primarily in the realm of employment defense. She routinely represents employers in cases brought pursuant to the MHRA, the KAAD, Title VII, the ADA, the ADEA, and the FMLA. She further counsels clients regarding day-to-day employment matters including the application of federal, state, and local statutes to their employment policies and practices.
Jennifer believes that the best defense is one formulated based on the goals and objectives of the client. She works diligently to understand the day-to-day operations of the employer so as to align her litigation strategy with the needs of the client, and communicates the pros and cons of strategic choices throughout the course of litigation to ensure the decision-maker is as informed as possible. Clients appreciate her open ear and swift responses.
Jennifer holds a B.B.A. in Finance from Baylor University in Waco, Texas and a J.D. with business emphasis from the University of Missouri - Kansas City School of Law. Prior to joining Case Linden in 2015, she served as a Civil Judicial Research Attorney for five judges in the District Court of Johnson County, Kansas.
Jennifer resides in Leawood, Kansas with her husband, Tom, and their two daughters.
Areas of Practice
- Employment Law
- Trial Practice
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit
- U.S. District Court District of Kansas
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court Western District of Missouri
- University of Missouri-Kansas City
- Baylor University
- Major: Finance
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Defense Research Institute
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Johnson County Bar Association
Past Employment Positions
- District Court of Johnson County Kansas, Research Attorney for Honorable Kevin P. Moriarty
- District Court of Johnson County Kansas, Research Attorney for Honorable Thomas M. Sutherland
- District Court of Johnson County Kansas, Research Attorney for Honorable James Charles Droege
- District Court of Johnson County Kansas, Research Attorney for Honorable James F. Vano
- District Court of Johnson County Kansas, Research Attorney for Honorable Christina Dunn-Gyllenborg