Jacob L. Kurtz
Jacob represents clients in a variety of complex legal matters. He understands that each case requires an individualistic approach, with active client involvement. His extensive real world experience brings a unique perspective to each case that often allows him to extend both time and money-saving solutions to his clients.
Jacob routinely counsels both businesses and business owners as they navigate commercial and employment disputes including, but not limited to, allegations of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wage and hour violations, violations of the FMLA, and violations of the FCRA. He further advocates for clients in matters involving construction defects, professional liability, class action defense, catastrophic personal injury, and wrongful death.
Jacob has been recognized by his peers as “a Top 10 Business Litigation Attorney” in the Kansas City Metropolitan area, as well as a “Super Lawyer – Rising Star, for Plaintiffs’ Litigation,” a distinction given to only 2.5% of attorneys in Missouri and Kansas.
Jacob is a native Missourian and avid outdoorsman who currently resides in Parkville, Missouri with his wife and three children. When not in the courtroom, you will find Jacob and his family on their next outdoor adventure.
Areas of Practice
- Civil Litigation
- Class Action Defense
- Construction Litigation
- Employment Law
- Personal Injury
- Professional Liability
- Wrongful Death
- Consumer Practices
- Civil Rights
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit
- U.S. District Court District of Kansas
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court Western District of Missouri
- University of Missouri-Kansas City
- Law Journal: The Urban Lawyer Law Journal, Member
- Law Review: UMKC Law Review, Comment Editor
- Missouri State University
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Defense Research Institute
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association